Monday, January 2, 2012

our story + seven

Today my exquisite husband and I celebrate 7 years of a truly blissful marriage.  I thought I would share with you {in a concise manner} our love story. 

I was 21 and working for Lancome at Nordstrom.   One day out of the blue a customer of mine {who also worked for Nordies in the men's department} walked up to the counter with the cutest lad I'd ever seen {I knew she was married with 3 kids and that definitely was not her husband, I thought it might be her brother}.  She told me what she needed and I walked to the stockroom with this feeling of sheer excitement and I told whoever it was that was in the stockroom, that outside stood the man of my dreams.  Never in my life has I been so forward, I was usually the type of gal that was super shy, reserved and old fashioned.  Not this time, people.  Three days later I saw him walk by, out the door and into the Cafe.  Thirst took over my ability to continue working so I made my way in and asked for a water.  I went to add a straw to my drink which happened to be where he was waiting for his to be made.  He began a conversation with me right away, I invited him to join me on my lunch break {spent at Borders}, shared my chapstick {who does that?} and we've been inseparable ever since.  A year later we got engaged, a year and a half after that, we moved across the country, got married and 7 years later we have 3 children. We are happier, more challenged, and more in tune with each other then ever.  I cannot say this is a walk in the park, no way!  However, we are both completely and utterly committed to our family.  Today, with the stress of parenthood and lack of sleep, I am amazed that we laugh out loud every single day, we hug and kiss like the first days of our union and I cannot imagine my life without this incredible human being.  

Here are some shots of our awesome day:

This is one of my favorite pictures of the whole event. 






The perfect kiss.











The wedding was very intimate with just our closest friends and family {a total of 30 people}.  In the wedding party {from left to right} My BF Gaby, my sis Victoria, my brother in-law David, my bro Alex and Danny's cousin Filipe.  



*****

Now we've rung in 2012.  We are in such a sublime and stable place at this moment.   We have 3 children who blow us away with their beauty, brains and the love they ignite.  We have a family that surrounds, supports, loves and helps us in ways that one would only dream of.  We have friends that through these years here in Florida have become to be our family because without them our life would not hold the richness that it holds.  Our house in coming together with a ton of projects being completed and we love living in a space that perfectly reflects who we are.  


Happy New Year ~ Happy Anniversary to the love of my life.  

4 comments:

  1. You guys are beautiful! Happy 7th and happy New Year!!
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, Happy Anniversary! I'm so glad that you're so happy. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. que hermosas fotos!
    no puedo creer que se casaron a mi edad
    :) probablemente si Seba estubiese aca
    yo estaria haciendo lo mismo. Me encanto
    leer tu historia. Hacen una pareja hermosa Delfi!


    la mejor de la suerte en este año
    y espero que todo te salga bien

    besitos!




    xoxo
    Melina ♥
    www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! What a beautiful love story!! My husband and I also just turned 7. You make a beautiful couple!

    ReplyDelete