Wednesday, January 4, 2012

kiddo craft christmas party

The week before Christmas I hosted a get together for the kids and their little pals for an afternoon of craftalishious fun.  With all of the amazing ideas I had been gathering from pinterest and after reading this post from a fellow bloggy mommy Megan, I was totally inspired to host such a soiree.  I printed pictures of some of my favorite crafts and had them on the table for reference along with every bit of crafting goodies I could get my hands on.  

This is how the work space turned out.




For munching we served brownie truffle and strawberry santa hats...


... I made an orange lemon cake, filled it with a ricotta cream with blackberry and dark chocolate and covered it in creme chantilly and almonds.




...and of course Rudolf cupcakes.  These happen to be vegan carrot cupcakes that my friend Vivian created.  They are off the hook delicious!


Before the festivities began Luna was relaxing with her buddy Tristan.  


Little Bribri joined in... are they not the cutest babies ever?!


These are the big sister in the back, Nicole and Bela, keeping a close eye!


My good friend Julie and her daughter Victoria joined us.  


Bela got right to work when it was time to begin.  She's a bit of a crafting addict.


Nicole did an amazing job; here is Viv and her daughter Vicky making an adorable Rudolf. 


This is my special helper Fe, without her presence things would have been slightly outta control. 


Maximo and Leo had some fun on their own {Max is not the craftiest kid you ever met}.






How cute is this wreath!!!










Bribri with her mom Vivian and Tristan with his mom Jeanne.


Here are the kiddos showing off their adorable projects.




Of course it's not a party until they start jumping!






We also had a secret santa gift exchange.  They had such a great time giving each other the gifts!














I can honestly say they each got AMAZING gifts and they moms went all out of this one.  Good job ladies!!!


This was our entire group~ This is our first year and I know it will become a yearly tradition.  The question is who's hosting next Christmas season!  I heard a lot of talk from all the mommas... I definitely know who will be taking a little break ... oh yeah! 




... well I am thinking of hosting one for Valentine's Day.  Somebody slap me!  

2 comments:

  1. que ternura!!!! :)
    que lindo que hagas esto para los nenes
    they probably had so much fun!

    delfi . por casualidad sabes hacer
    torta de ricota? por que tengo antojo
    desde que fui en Febrero a Argentina :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I wish we were closer! I would have loved to have been there. I really need to start doing some crafts with Blakeley. Those treats were adorable!

    ReplyDelete