Thursday, October 27, 2011

skintastic

Hi there gorgeous!  If there is one thing I can tell you about me today is that I am OBSESSED with skin care products.  This love affair began many moons ago because of my beautiful grandmother.  She was a bit of a product "collector" and I adored going through her vanity and opening up the jars, taking in a deep breath in order to inhale that delicate scent of perfumed anti-wrinkle loveliness.  I remember my sister and I  going with her to Saks on 5th ave in NYC. We would navigate through all of the make-up counters while she had her consultations and I truly day dreamed of being one of those {glorious} women who worked in cosmetics.  Well, that dream came true, when I turned 18.  I got a job working for Lancome and it was one of the best times of my life.  Not only did I get to indulge in every type of whipped, silky concoction to remedy any dilemma known to woman; but I also got to experience that connection between women that I witnessed on those shopping trips with my granny.  The day I go back to work I hope to get back to skincare and beauty {in which ever shape or form that will entail}.

Today I thought I would share with you what my skincare routine looks like.  I have taken a more natural, pure approach since my days behind the cosmetics counter.  These days I shop mainly at Whole Foods and Target for my goods and I have been so pleased with the products I have encountered.  My routine is not completely established as of yet.  I'm missing a couple of products {such as a good serum and the perfect face wash} that are essential in my opinion, so I'll let you know when I find them and please don't hesitate to tell me some of your faves!  My skin is combination: I still break out {bleh}, especially around my forehead, but around my eyes the skin gets very dry.  It's all about prevention people so I never ever allow my eye area to be sans cream.  My concern is to prevent wrinkles around the eyes and forehead, but my major dilemma is the break-outs caused by ani-wrinkle creams.  So, here we go...

This scrub from Giovanni is just fabulous, the texture is fine and gentle, great for using 2-3 times a week. I've only been using it for about 2 weeks, but I have to say it's the best one I have found.


Durring the day I've been using the moisturizer from Giovanni and I love it because of it's light weight super silky texture {and no bad reactions}.


This cream from Weleda has been a staple of mine for about 5 years now.  I love it around my eyes and lips {much to heavy for me to use any where else these days}.  After a long day at the beach I mix it with pure aloe vera and apply it to my entire face~ heavenly!  It's definitely time to purchase a new one...


Tea tree oil has been an omnipresent ingredient in my routine since my teenage years.  These cleansing pads are awesome, but I only use them when the my skin is having a major break-out. 


One of my biggest fears is having loose skin around my neck and chest, so I apply this firming cream all over that area.  I loooOoove the scent of gardenia that this cream has and it's silky smooth feel.


I tend to frown WAY too much when I am "expressing" my-self, so I have been using this between my eyebrows and around my eyes.  Have I seen MAJOR improvements? not yet... but I'm hoping its doing more preventing then anything.  


This is the BEST lip balm I have ever used~ it gets applied a gazillion times a day!


These make-up removing towelettes from Target are so effective!  The price is fantastic and they are perfect for removing every ounce of make-up {including water-proof mascara}.  






I came up with this little recipe for a natural scrub/mask which I have been addicted to lately.  On friday nights I have my beautifying ritual before the weekend arrives and it begins with this to get my skin prepped, fresh and glowing for the fun times ahead.

First I zest a whole lemon.


Then I add the zest to a tablespoon of sea salt in a small bowl.


I squeeze 1/2 of the lemon & mix it all together.


I apply everything to my clean face in circular motions {this will get a little messy so be sure to do it over the sink}.  I let the salt sit on my skin while I give myself a mani & pedi and wash it off in the shower.  Afterwards I apply my moisturizer right away and I am always amazed at how soft and radiant my skin looks!  Let me know if you try this out, ok?



I will leave you with a couple of shots of Luna during tummy time on my bed. 



Ciao bellissima! 

4 comments:

  1. awwwww the last two pictures
    que cosita mas linda!

    :) thank you for sharing your beauty
    products !! =) ill keep in mind when
    i run out of the ones i use.

    i hope you had a wonderful week love!
    its almost friday and i am so ready
    for the weekend!


    •[♥] Kisses
    -•[♥] & Hugs
    --•[♥] Melina
    –--•[♥]
    ----•[♥] www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. loooooove...prettiest adorable
    romwe kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing! I am always in search for great beauty products!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OKay we most deff need a girls night so I can get to use all of YOUR products! heheh seriously im such a slacker. i need to start taking better care of my skin! so i need you to teach me! heheh these are some awesome tips i will deff be checking it out! Thanks girlie <3

    ReplyDelete