Monday, October 10, 2011

Rejuvenate


Lately, we have been in the mood for adorning our space and adding more personal, ornate details to our nest.  My husband has the ability to translate ideas into works of art like nothing I've ever seen.  The mission: the wall behind our bed.  This wall has been the topic of many a conversation.  It was painted a beautiful gray but was in desperate need of some embellishment.  We toyed with the idea of wallpaper and wood panels but couldn't make a decision.  Finally, between inspiration from pinterest and instagram we came up with the plan to arrange different frames on the wall.  This is what the final product looks like:




Aren't they stunning?


They way natural light swims through our bedroom and kisses these frames is just magical.  I am in love with the whole look, especially because I can lay in bed and see the reflection in the mirror.  



* * * * * 


Another spontaneous project was creating an accent wall in our living room.  We added bamboo to the wall to create an opulent texture to an otherwise very airy room.

This is what the wall looked like: simple, white, boring.  


This is such a quick and easy was to add drama and luxury to any room! 


First, we laid the boards, until the length no longer fit. 






The measurements were taken...



... and simple cuts were made.


We used liquid nails to adhere the wood to the wall. 



The wonderful thing about this project is that it's instant gratification!  It moves along so quickly once you get the hang of it. 

Half way through:

 

The final look!





 

I hope this inspires you to take some risks and add some lavish details to your abode!


* * * * * 


A couple of blogs back, I talked to you about brainstorming my new look.  Well, I got to bring one of my ideas to life this weekend with this ensemble. 

Here is the vision...


... and this is my translation:



Wishing you all a beautiful week!

8 comments:

  1. I am seriously in shock!!! This is so much more then I expexted!!
    It's GORGEOUS you guys did such an amazing job with your bedroom and now your living room? Omg FAB!!
    You and Dany have amazing taste!! I'm totally inspired!!
    Yayy I'm so excited for you guys!! It's such a good feeling to come and think "aaahhh home sweet home" And you looked beautiful Sunday, I'm loving the new look. Totally you!
    can't wait to come over!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow how nice!
    I love what you guys did on both walls!
    Frames look amazing and wood on the wall
    who would of thought! Looks great hun!

    And look at you.
    Can you look any better?
    Gorgeous. Nice smile <3




    xoxo
    www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I can't get over this and how freaking AWESOME it looks!!! it looks like u live in a fancy hotel!!!!! I wanna move in!! lol love u!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This room is amazing! I love your color scheme and the gorgeous frames on the wall. And what you did with that white wall - AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this idea for a wall redo...great job!
    Glad I found your blog...
    xoxo from Trinidad

    ReplyDelete
  6. what??! this is so ridiculously amazing! so creative!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. That outfit looks great!!! Almost exactly the same as the picture!!!and it suits ya!
    x
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the home design ideas, so simple and so chic! Just found and joined your blog. Your kids are super cute!

    ReplyDelete