Thursday, October 20, 2011

pumpkin muffins

Nothing says fall like cool, crisp air, deep orange leaves, and pumpkin... well... anything!  This is the kickoff to a marathon of pumpkin infused recipes.  That is until I reach the point of not being able to stand the sight of canned pumpkin on my weekly trips to Whole Foods.  These muffins are so simple and the perfect balance of sweet and intense.  Yesterday, Bela and I decided to have a bake session while Maximo napped and I have to say these are some of my favorite times with my girlie.  My mom always let us have a blast in the kitchen growing up so I intend to do the same with my kiddos.  After Max woke up and as soon as they came out of the oven, the three of us devoured 5 {!} of them while they were still warm.  Danny had one with Nutella schmeered all over it for dessert and they were scrumptious with my green tea for breakfast this morning.  Enjoy!

These are the ingredients:


  • 1 cup flour {I mixed 1/2 spelt 1/2 whole wheat}
  • 1 cup pastry flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 can of pumpkin
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 tbs agave or molasses 
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 3/4 milk {I think I will try buttermilk next time}
  • 1tbs vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp ground ginger
  • 1/4 tsp ground cloves
  • 1/8 tsp nutmeg


 We start by mixing the pumpkin and eggs


Then add the brown sugar




Next we add the agave


My little helper loves licking the agave spoon :)


Time for vanilla


Now we add the four spices


Next comes the oil...


...and milk


While the batter is mixing, we sift the flours and salt together


and add in the baking soda


Give it a good mix {look at those little hands working!}


We add the dry ingredients a little at a time


Once the batter is thoroughly mixed it's time to fill the baking cups




3/4 full


400 degrees, 20 minutes and voila! 


The last batch we made a little bigger... we got 15 muffins total


Pumkinalicious!!!!  




* * * * *
Today we took the kids to a gorgeous park which has a carousel that is just stunning.  Before I had Luna we did a photoshoot there with my friend Diana, you can check it out here .  The weather this afternoon was perfection and the kids, my mom, sis and I had such a lovely time together.  So thankful for such an awesome day!


Here is Bela on one of three rides on the carousel.





~Wishing you a fabulous Friday~





2 comments:

  1. yummmmmmm! que rico
    todos los blogs que leo ..todas
    estan cocinando con pumpkin :D
    me parece que me va a tocar a mi este finde!

    que linda tu nena!
    tiene una sonrisa hermosa!

    espero que tengas un lindo fin de semana!

    te mando un besito delfi!



    xoxo
    ♥´¨)
    ¸.-´¸.-♥´¨) ¸.-♥¨)
    (¸.-´ (¸.-` ♥♥´¨) ♥.-´¯`-.- ♥
    www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. delicioussssss, could be something really nice for halloween

    ReplyDelete