Thursday, September 1, 2011

Reunited

After 10 long years of waiting, the first love of my life, my best friend, is back.  My sister Victoria!!!  She went back to Argentina {where we were born} to study medicine.  There have been yearly vacations but this time she has come back for good with her husband.  It is a dream come true for me and I feel like now a new chapter of my life has begun.

Here is our first dinner together at my house.



Our delicious dinner consisted of mini calzones stuffed with chicken, tomatoes, cheese, garlic and onions, as well as thin, crispy pizza and salad.


Danny found awesome olives mixed with pieces of feta {at Costco}...


... Maximo thought they were mighty fine!


Of course my sisi brought me some Argentine treats:


These are Havanna alfajores, and they are an absolute obsession.  Fun fact:  they have been around since 1948 and the recipe hasn't been modified since then.  Good thing because they are perfection!


Aren't they gorgeous?  This is dulce de leche covered with merengue.  There is also dulce de leche covered in chocolate, but I TRY to limit my chocolate intake since I am breastfeeding.  


I wish I could give you a virtual bite~ until next time!



1 comment:

  1. OMg what a wonderful Dinner surrounded by family! You are one lucky gal. Enjoy this to the fullest! I'm super jealous, but you deserve this girly!!
    I'm so proud of your blog! 6 followers already?? WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete